The Architectural Ensemble of the Kizhi Pogost is a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site. The Kizhi island cultural historical and natural complex is included into the State Code of Cultural Heritage Sites of Special Value of the Russian Federation: The Church of the Transfiguration of Our Saviour, The Church of the Intercession and The Bell-Tower of the Kizhi Pogost.
- The English version of the “Archaeological heritage” part is now available // June 17
The English version of the “Archaeological heritage” part is now available on the Kizhi web site. It contains Information about the first archaeological findings on Kizhi Island and in its surrounding area, the history of archaeological investigations of the Stone Age — the Modern Age monuments, archaeological surveys carried out by the Kizhi museum expedition on the territory of Karelia.
- Exhibition “The Host of Heaven and the Host of Earth” (April 30 — September 08, 2013) // April 25
The Kizhi Museum presents an exhibition on the results of the All-Russian contest of children’s art works. The exhibition introduces the legendary protectors and patrons of the peoples of Russia: heroes of folklore and epic songs; great soldiers and military commanders; family, home and personal protectors and patrons. Visitors can listen to epic songs performed by Karelian storytellers, take a virtual trip to the past, learn the secrets of heroic strength, play, solve interesting creative tasks, watch cartoons and take part in festive programs and workshops.
- Exhibition “Northern lace of Vladimir Balandin” (April 19 — May 19, 2013) // April 18
The Kizhi Museum presents a solo exhibition by Vladimir Balandin. The exhibition introduces the works of the artist who masters the ancient art of bone carving. Vladimir Balandin is presented not only as a talented carver but also as an artist. His graphical works will certainly evoke positive emotions.
- Kizhi: The annual report to UNESCO World Heritage Center // March 06
- Russian Shrovetide festival in the Kizhi Museum, March 11 – 17, 2013 // February 18
- Exhibition “Church architecture of Zaonezhie. XX – XXI cc. Photo view” (February 06 — April 21, 2013) // February 05
- A new convenient schedule of the Kizhi Museum exhibition halls // January 28
- Exhibition “Folk shipbuilding in Karelia. Traditions and modernity” (December 28, 2012 — April 14, 2013) // December 28
- Exhibition “The Christmas snow is whirling, heralding a miracle…” (December 21, 2012 — January 27, 2013) // December 19
- Exhibition “A Miracle Tree” (October 31 — December 16, 2012) // November 01